.::Rezerwa 126p::. Strona Główna .::Rezerwa 126p::.
BEZ KOMUNISTYCZNEJ ADMINISTRACJI

FAQFAQ  SzukajSzukaj  UżytkownicyUżytkownicy  GrupyGrupy  StatystykiStatystyki
RejestracjaRejestracja  ZalogujZaloguj  AlbumStrona główna

Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
Nanoplex ignition and vacuum sensor
Autor Wiadomość
gordinir8 

Wysłany: 2022-04-01, 17:48   Nanoplex ignition and vacuum sensor

Hello everybody this is Thomas from Greece and this is my first post here. I have a fiat 500 with a tuned 650 engine on. I am about to install a Nanoplex ignition system and i have a couple of questions about it. First of all i have seen a Nanoplex manual but it is written in Polish, is there an English version also that someone has so i can use it or someone can translate it for me from Polish to English? Now my question has to do with the vacuum switch, i have connect it to the intake manifold and when engine is running the switch open and closes instantly all the time like thousand times per minute, looks like it following piston travel. I was expecting it to close after some engine revs and stay closed until those revolutions get low. Is this constantly switching normal or i have done something wrong? My carburetor base is not a Bakelite but aluminum since i have a Weber 30 and i have made my own brass intake pipe that connects the rubber hose to the switch, does this brass pipe must have a certain internal diameter? Also is it necessary to install a check valve that i have seen in pictures between the switch and intake? I will be very happy if someone can help me with this.

Thomas

Kubica 
ziomy rezerwy
Carus kierownicy

Wysłany: 2022-04-02, 10:42   

Hi Thomas!
gordinir8 napisał/a:
Also is it necessary to install a check valve that i have seen in pictures between the switch and intake?

Certainly :) Without a check valve the air will flow in both directions causing the membrane in switch to "follow" the piston as it is in your case. Installing nanoplex is always a good choice if you looking for "maintenance-free" ignition system. I`ve installed it in my own 126 something like seven years ago and literally didn`t have to touch anything so far - your engine will thank you for this upgrade! :lol2: Good luck! If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Maciek

gordinir8 

Wysłany: 2022-04-02, 13:44   

Kubica napisał/a:
Hi Thomas!
gordinir8 napisał/a:
Also is it necessary to install a check valve that i have seen in pictures between the switch and intake?

Certainly :) Without a check valve the air will flow in both directions causing the membrane in switch to "follow" the piston as it is in your case. Installing nanoplex is always a good choice if you looking for "maintenance-free" ignition system. I`ve installed it in my own 126 something like seven years ago and literally didn`t have to touch anything so far - your engine will thank you for this upgrade! :lol2: Good luck! If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Maciek

So this is the problem? Glad to hear because i wasn't confident if i can solve it. Now it is hard to find this valve here in Greece, can i use one from another car? I have seen similar valves to fiat uno or even volvo and audi cars, is it ok to use it? I agree with you about Nanoplex system, biggest problem with other systems like 123 is that those are still located at the hot section of the engine and this is something i didn't want but nanoplex is at the left side where engine bay is cold.
Thank you my friend for your help, i will give it a try and see how it goes.
Thomas

Kubica 
ziomy rezerwy
Carus kierownicy

Wysłany: 2022-04-02, 14:54   

gordinir8 napisał/a:
So this is the problem? Glad to hear because i wasn't confident if i can solve it.

It`s very likely that this is the major source of your problem. I`ve never used non original parts before (here in Poland it`s quite easy to grab all of the necessary components including wiring assembly at once from fiat 126el or cinquecento 700) so it`s really hard to tell you if something gonna work as it should or not. Anyway... you`re thinking in the right direction mate :) I`d try a valve from a brake servo too.

gordinir8 

Wysłany: 2022-04-02, 16:15   

I am printing a check valve as we speak on my 3D printer to give it a try. I'll let you know about my success. Do you know how this signal is used from the ECU?

michals 

Wysłany: 2022-04-06, 19:54   

This is not real vacuum sensor, rather vacuum switch. When throttle is nearly fully open this sensor inform ECU to switch lower characteristic. It is kind of safety for engine overloading.

Operation without sensor doesn't destroy engine immediately. But too many switches can put ECU to error state and all kinds of air damper could be consider, especially from UNO.

gordinir8 

Wysłany: 2022-04-09, 12:45   

michals napisał/a:
This is not real vacuum sensor, rather vacuum switch. When throttle is nearly fully open this sensor inform ECU to switch lower characteristic. It is kind of safety for engine overloading.

Operation without sensor doesn't destroy engine immediately. But too many switches can put ECU to error state and all kinds of air damper could be consider, especially from UNO.

Ok know i understand what exactly it does, probably in fully load it drops advance from 40° to about 28° according to a schematic i have seen.
I put a similar one way sensor from AUDI and know it doesn't switching all the time but as soon as i connect it, it just closes and stay like this all the time until i stop the engine, like my engine has very strong vacuum. I forgot to mention that my car has an increased compression of 9.6/1.
ps how can i upload a photo here?[/code]

gordinir8 

Wysłany: 2022-04-10, 20:41   

Progress update: i found in this page:https://www.revoracing.cz/cs/encyklopedie/bezkontaktni-zapalovani-nanoplex a copy of the nanoplex manual unfortunately in Polish so i can't read it. At page 369 i noticed that when carburetor throttle is closed the vacuum switch is closed circuit, when throttle is fully open (engine at load) vacuum switch is open circuit. So what i did is i connected the switch with my multimeter and took car for a ride. I noticed that at normal car operation and normal speed switch was indeed closed but when i was at lets say 3rd gear at a hill and throttle fully open the the switch was open circuit. I am looking for a good copy of the manual to translate it in english and read what really is going on with this system. I also understand that if you have the switch discarded from the system then the car operate as when in fully load state, probably less advance. Don't know if my thoughts are correct or not but this is what i understand so far for the system.

michals 

Wysłany: 2022-08-02, 08:55   

Car without this sensor should works. It only prevents to overload engine when full throttle. You can ride without it and next ride with jumper instead of sensor. The differences would be minimal.

Odpowiedz do tematu